Skip to content

Green Business Network

Seminars and Events

Seminars and events are normally free for GBN Members to attend. Seminars are held once every month and focus on meeting ISO 14001 requirements and applying Environmental Management Systems (EMS) for sustainable development.


ISO 14001: 2015 Transition Course, including System Templates

Location: The Forest Centre

Date: 1 February 2018
Time: 09.30 to 16.00

The deadline for transitioning your ISO 14001 environmental management system to the 2015 version of the standard runs out in September 2018. If you have a pressing need to make changes but are running low on time and expertise, we can help.

The Bedfordshire Green Business Network (GBN) has teamed up with Mark Thomson, of Eco-Smart Consultancy, to offer you a one-day training course, which gives you all you need to change your system in line with the requirements of the revised Standard.

Mark has developed a set of templates that any business can use to implement the necessary changes for ISO 14001: 2015. He will supply these templates to course delegates and will offer step by step guidance as to what you need to do to update your system – from Context of the organisation, Leadership, Planning & Support.

The course and its templates are suitable for those businesses who already have ISO 14001 environmental management systems and need to transition. They provide 80% of what you need to upgrade your system, and the course will take you through the remaining 20% that you will need to amend and personalise in order to meet the requirements of the 2015 standard.

Mark has implemented this system in many companies who have now successfully transitioned to ISO 14001: 2015. External (UKAS) certification auditors have been extremely impressed with it, saying: “This is the simplest and most robust system I have audited so far.”

Mark Thomson is an experienced EMS consultant, and is also an Associate auditor for CSA Group - a UKAS accredited certification body. He is able to bring the perspective of both businesses and certification bodies. We are delighted that he has made this course available to GBN members, many of whom have attended seminars delivered by Mark.

The course will cost £550 +VAT per delegate for GBN members (£650 + VAT to non-members), and will be held on 1st February 2018 at The Forest Centre, Marston Moretaine, from 09.30 to 16.00. The fee includes refreshments, lunch, course materials and a memory stick with templates. Part of the course fee will go towards supporting GBN’s ongoing help to businesses.

For more information or to book a place, please contact Jane Varley by emailing info@gbn-bedfordshire.org.uk.

Speaker: Mark Thomson, Ecosmart Consultancy

Book your place